Experienced Technical Editors
We handle technical and scientific documents with care.
We provide editorial services to authors, publishers of magazines, books, manuals and business marketing materials.
We have decades of experience designing, editing and publishing:
- documentation suites for software developers
- programming languages reference books and manuals
- content-rich web resources
- magazines for associations and general circulation
- scientific and medical literature
- general editorial services
External Design has provided documentation design and technical editing services for more than three decades.
- Editor-in-chief of legendary Dr. Dobb's Journal when "personal computers" were first emerging.
- Editor of the trade journal for the Forth programming language for nearly two decades.
- Creator and/or editor for trade books, technical manuals, documentation suites, periodicals, scientific and medical literature, and more.
This is an added benefit to clients of our custom web design services, too.
Our approach: We believe better documentation results when the subject-matter experts remain involved. For documentation, we prefer projects that ensure free access to the relevant staff. Open lines of communication are especially important when the interests of marketing, developers and users/consumers are all being served.
From custom templates to full-charge content
External Design can develop custom document templates, freeing you to focus on content, distribution and business, calling on us as needed to review your content with fresh editorial eyes. Or delegate all design, content and production to us and reserve the final approval for yourself — we can discuss the ways of working together that will best serve your goals and the project's requirements.