For technical and business writing
We edit and design publications of many types.
- documentation for programmers and developers (reference books, manuals)
- magazines and newsletters for associations and general circulation
- scientific, biotech, and medical literature
- content-rich web resources
- special-purpose promotions for arts organizations
Looking to improve your in-house editing? Consider the titles in our editors’ library.
Books, periodicals, marketing literature
External Design’s principal has been engaged in documentation design and technical editing for more than three decades.
- Wordsmith who articulates the message and vision of clients on diverse subjects
- Creator-editor for trade books, technical manuals, documentation suites, periodicals, scientific and medical literature, web content
- Editor-in-chief of legendary Dr. Dobb’s Journal when “personal computers” were emerging
- Editor of the trade journal for the Forth programming language for nearly two decades
- Author-designer of bespoke marketing literature, pitch decks, and presentations
“Good design is about communication, not ornamentation.”