We offer high-performance web hosting at reasonable prices. The servers we use are designed specifically to make WordPress web sites shine. Security, performance, and many routine tasks are handled — that’s why it’s called “managed WordPress hosting.”
Are you new to web hosting concepts?
The basics are enough for most site owners:
- The code and images that make a web site work are stored on a specialized computer, a web server. Servers are very efficient at storing, retrieving, and sending content over the internet.
- Web servers are costly to purchase and maintain, and they require expertise. Therefore, most people with web sites pay a web hosting service for space on one of their servers, instead.
- A web server can be expensive, even to rent, and most web sites don’t use a fraction of a good server’s horsepower. So, most web hosts offer shared hosting: many web sites can share the capacity — and the cost — of one server.
- Renting space on a shared server usually means the hosting company will take care of system-level security and software. To that extent, it’s partly a managed hosting service. But they aren’t responsible for maintenance of your web site files.
- Finally, managed WordPress hosting provides web servers optimized for WordPress web sites. They’re typically very fast, automate some routine maintenance and security, and offer tech support 24/7.
Ask about our managed WordPress hosting services
External Design now offers managed WordPress hosting. We contract with respected WP Engine, whose web servers and other infrastructure are constantly optimized for top-flight performance.
Under our new terms, we can offer web server space at $39/month — that’s for a plan that will fill the needs of ±80% of the web sites we produce.* If your site requires even more personal service and scalability than this robust plan covers, we can arrange that for you, too.
*We didn’t develop your site? Just sign up for one of our hosting plans and we’ll provide access to the server for your own web developers. No problem!
If you rented the server yourself from WP Engine, the price would begin at $29 per month. So, for just $10 more, you get routine, hands-off maintenance, too — no logging in all the time to see if updates are waiting! Plus, we’ll have our finger on the pulse of your web site and might be able to alert you to opportunities and to any “issues” before they become trouble tickets.