We offer high-performance web hosting at reasonable prices. These servers are specially designed to make WordPress web sites shine. Security, performance, and some routine tasks are handled — that’s why it’s called “managed WordPress hosting.”
We didn’t develop your site? No problem! When we accept you into one of our hosting plans, we can give access to your responsible staff or external web developer, just let us know.
How our managed WordPress hosting works
We contract with respected WP Engine1 for web servers and other infrastructure. They’re optimized for top-flight performance all the time and can scale up quickly when a flood of site traffic arrives. To that powerful package, External Design adds services to relieve site owners of routine chores so they can focus more on their passion. That’s why we offer managed WordPress hosting.
Best value: “Hands-off Pro” — WordPress site management + hosting
Under our new terms, we offer web server space at $45/month or $450/year if paid in advance. If your site requires even more personal service and scalability, we can arrange that, too.
How does that compare? If you rent a server yourself from WP Engine,1 the price begins at $35 per month. For just $10 more, with External Design you also get hands-off maintenance included — no logging in regularly to see if important software updates are waiting! Plus, we’ll have our finger on the pulse of your web site and might be able to alert you to opportunities and “issues” before they cause trouble.
1. “In our opinion WP Engine is still the gold standard in WordPress web hosting. …if you are a business and you are prepared to spend a bit more for the best WordPress hosting then WP Engine is definitely the place to go. Highly recommended.”
—WP Dev Shed
Are you new to web hosting concepts?
Most site owners only need to understand the basics:
- The code and images that make a web site work are stored on a web server. Servers are computers designed to be especially efficient at storing, retrieving, and sending things over the internet.
- Web servers are expensive and require expertise to run. Therefore, most people who have web sites pay a web hosting service to rent space on one of their servers.
- A web server can be expensive, even to rent, and most web sites only need a fraction of a good server’s horsepower. As a result, most web hosts offer affordable shared hosting plans. That way, site owners share the cost and the space on that server.
- Renting space on a shared server means the hosting company will take care of nitty-gritty, system-level security and server software. But they aren’t responsible for maintaining your web site files or of your copy of WordPress (if you’re using that).
- Finally, managed WordPress hosting provides web servers optimized for WordPress web sites. They’re typically fast, which benefits your site visitors, and they offer robust tech support. They typically do not support your particular site’s functions, content, or software tools (e.g., WordPress plugins) it uses.
External Design’s “Hands-off Pro” plan offers the gold standard in performance, with the fewest headaches. We take care of all routine updates — you won’t even have to think about those important but (yawn) routine tasks.